Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Scor-Pal and Graphic 45 Stand Up Calendar

Hi, Toni here! It's my turn to share my Scor-Pal and Graphic 45 project. We are having a week long showing of beautiful paper crafts by both the Scor-Pal design team and the Graphic 45 design team.  I received some amazing papers and have barely scratched the surface of all that can be done with Graphic 45 products.  When I saw the Place in Time papers, I knew what I had to make!
For this project, you will need:
Place the 4 3/4" by 10" piece of card stock in your Scor-Pal with the 10" side along the top fence.  Score at 5" and 9 1/2". 
Turn the card stock over and score at 7 1/4".
Crease the folds with the 5" score resulting in a mountain fold, the 7 1/4" score resulting in a valley fold and the 9 1/2" score resulting in another mountain fold.
Place the 4 3/4" by 6" piece of card stock in your Scor-Pal with the 6" side along the top fence.  Score at 5". 
Crease the fold.
Line the glue tabs with Scor-Tape.  On the 10" piece, line the 1/2" tab and on the 6" piece, line the 1" tab.
Remove the backing from your Scor-Tape and adhere together, as shown, to create your calendar stand.
Carefully trim out small monthly calendars from the Calendar Foundation designer paper in the Graphic 45 Place in Time pad.
Starting with December on the bottom, line the top of the back of November with Scor-Tape.
Remove the backing of the Scor-Tape and remove some of the stickiness by placing the adhesive against some fabric and removing.  (I use what I am wearing, either a cotton top or some denim).  Carefully place the November calendar on top of the December calendar.
Repeat with the remaining months until you have a stack with January on top.  (I moved pretty slowly through this part so that I didn't get my months out of order.)
Embellish your calendar as desired.  I used the August Cut-Aparts sheet from the Graphic 45 Place in Time line.  I trimmed out the striped background to 4/12" by 4 3/4" and mounted it on my stand up calendar.  Then I trimmed out the sunflower border and created a scalloped edge for the top and bottom borders.  I finished my calendar with brown organza bow.

Here's another look at the finished product.  Thanks for joining me today!
Details - Paper: Graphic 45 Place in Time designer paper, Early Espresso; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, Scalloped Border punch, brown organza ribbon, glue dot.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Such an adorable little desktop calendar!