Sunday, December 29, 2013

Friends and Weddings or Engagements

You should have seen this last week, but I didn't manage to get it up on my blog.  The 2013 year wasn't the best year on my blog, but I am planning on better things for 2014.  this card was for the Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create a card for a wedding or engagement.  For my card, I opted for some glamorous paper and a vellum strip with an embossed sentiment.  I performed a little photopolymer surgery to straighten out my sentiment from Lily of the Valley.   If you follow the link above, you will see how I trimmed "on your" from the top of the scrolled font to give my sentiment some length.  What you can't see is the shimmer of the silver wedding paper.  I think it compliments the rhinestone brads nicely.  The brads holds the vellum neatly and lends to the elegance of the card.  I lifted the whole top layer off my card base with some dimensional adhesive. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I have one more card coming your way in just a few hours.  Stay tuned!
 
Details - Stamps: Lily of the Valley (MFP); Paper: Neenah Solar Crest White, MME Wedding dsp, vellum; Ink: London Fog, Versamark; Accessories: Square rhinestones, white embossing powder, heat tool, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Glad you posted this lovely elegant card.