Monday, July 28, 2014

Friends and Lace and Pearls (07/28/14)

Good Monday morning to you!  Today's Friends of Speedy TV challenge is all about lace and pearls.  That got me thinking about royalty and the princess party my daughter attended yesterday.  Okay, it was really a bridal shower, but the hostess had the presence of mind to make it really fun for the little girls by incorporating a princess party of sorts.  We have a large family and quite a few of the young female cousins don't know each other well.  The hostess wanted to create friendship, family bonds and memories and make the upcoming wedding even more fun for these little girls.   I remember the flock of little girls around me when I was a bride and knew that my daughter would want to treat the bride-to-be the same way.  I created a gift card holder for my little princess to present to the queen and the You May Bow set worked out perfectly here.  I stamped the "Queen for the Day" sentiment on the spine and used the crown image on the front of the book.



Inside, I stamped another sentiment and the gift card fits perfectly!  This little gift card holder would also fit some candies if one was so inclined.  I'm quite pleased with the finished product and so is my daughter.  It was also one way for me to show the bride that I am excited and happy for her even though I am not attending the shower.
Let's not forget that Mark's Finest Papers generously offers a stamp set to one lucky participant.  This week is Year of the Horse.  Here is a look at this set:
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: You May Bow (MFP); Paper: Confetti White, BG Sugared dp, chipboard; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, paper snips, Copic Markers, Kaisercraft latte pearls, Stampin' Up! lace, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals, corner chomper.


3 comments:

Janine said...

I love this and now I have read your story it seems better still. Great idea and work.

Davi said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for all at the shower. Your gift box is beautiful and a great way to carry on the theme :)

nwilliams6 said...

OM Gosh, this is one of the prettiest gift boxes I have seen. You did a fabulous job on this. I love the ideas of the princesses at a bridal shower - the hostess was a genius! Lovely work. Hugz!