Saturday, September 10, 2016

MFP Stamps Challenge 37

Hey again!  It's Saturday and time for a new MFP Stamps Challenge.  This week the challenge revolves around a technique called the Twine Wrapped Block.  I just grabbed one of my acrylic blocks and adhered a short piece of Scor-Tape.  I removed the adhesive backing and then wrapped my twine around it.  I used an emboss resist technique to make my main panel.

I die cut my panel, backed it with a slightly smaller oval and then another panel with the stamped sentiment.  I stamped my crane, colored it, trimmed it and then adhered it to the main panel.  A few rhinestones and some stampin' dimensionals finish off the card.

There are multiple ways to win with the MFP Stamps Challenge.  Be sure to check out the blog for rules and guidelines.  Link up your project HERE, so we can see your amazing work. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Details - Stamps: Birds of the Orient (MFP); Paper: Whisper White, Black Licorice (MFT); Ink: Versamark, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Stamping block, Scor-tape, twine, heat tool, clear embossing powder, paper snips, Copic Markers, Touch Twin Markers, Spellbinders Nestabilities, stampin' sponges, Recollections rhinestones, stampin' dimensionals.

5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and definitely going to try this technique-love the colours
Carol x

stampingbowd said...

Toni this is beautiful! I used this set once and was so disappointed that I didn't use it well but yours is a show stopper! I saw this in my blog reader and had to come take a closer look!

Terri Winske said...

I love the way your background turned out with the resist technique. And your layout with this stamp set is stunning! A beautiful card, for sure!

Davi said...

I love your card Toni! Using the embossing resist really gives it a pretty soft look!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful background! Love the image you used.