Thursday, December 29, 2016

Ways To Use Moons

I'm the hostess for today's Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  Since today is the last New Moon of 2016, I chose to use moons as my theme.  Of course a new moon doesn't show up in the sky, so full moons, crescent moons and gibbous moons are all acceptable.  

For my card, I masked and sponged my background first.  After I was satisfied with my sky color, I removed my masked and stamped my bamboo background in a light color.  Then I opted for a darker color to stamp my bird and bamboo image.  I water colored my bird next.  Of course, my ink ran so I had to go back through with a fine tipped pen to retrace my bird image.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you get a chance to play along with the Ways To Use It challenge.

Details - Stamps: Bamboo II, Asian Artistry, Thank You Kindly; Paper: Smooth White; Ink:  Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: post it, removable adhesive, circle punch, May Arts burlap twine, Scor-tape, stampin' sponges, sponge dauber, waterbrush.

No comments: