Wednesday, January 4, 2017

VSN Reprise

 VSN, or Virtual Stamp Night, on Splitcoaststampers is a challenge filled weekend.  I find that I dig deep into my stash just to find the right stamps and papers.  I really enjoy it and home chores typically get in the way of me being able to complete all the challenges.  Here are a few of the cards that I made from the latest VSN. 
The card above is from a challenge called Christmas Cookies.  You guessed it, the challenge was about getting Christmas Cookies on your project.  That was no problem for me as I had this image already colored and trimmed out on my desk from an "almost project" a few weeks ago. 
This card was for a challenge called The Christmas Song.  The challenge was to use something on your card from the lyrics of the song by the same name.  I used mistletoe on my card for the line that starts "Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe".  Simple scoring set off the bottom border of mistletoe.
This last card is from a challenge called Home Alone.  The object here was to make a clean and simple card with one image and one embellishment.  I may have fudged a little on this one.  I tried to just get away with the washi tape as my one embellishment, but it looked too plain.  I colored an adhesive backed rhinestone heart with a Copic marker and added it to my sentiment.  After that, it felt done.

I think the next VSN should be in a few months. I know that I will be playing along and I hope that you will too.

Details - Christmas Cookies - Stamps: Must Be Santa (Flourishes), A Season of Celebrations (Flourishes); Paper: Smooth White, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White; Ink: Ruby Red; Accessories: Colored pencils, square punch, Scalloped square Nestabilities, paper snips and stampin' dimensionals.
Mistletoe - Stamps: Meet Me Under the Mistletoe (Flourishes); Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke; Ink: Espresso Truffle, Picket Fence; Accessories: Copic & Touch Twin markers, paper snips, Sakura clear star gel pen, stampin' dimensionals.
Because I Care - Stamps: Because I Care (SU); Paper: Smooth White; Ink: Soft Suede; Accessories: Recollections heart gem, Sweet Sadie washi tape, Copic marker.

No comments: